Six reasons why TETRA is the right technology for your commercial radio system
TETRA is the world's most proven digital radio technology, and the global standard for mission critical communications - adopted by emergency services for its reliability and robustness. But it can also be an affordable choice for smaller, commercial systems, providing spectral efficiency and unparalleled functionality.
If you're thinking of implementing a private network, read our checklist to see how TETRA matches your requirements:
1. You need consistent, high-quality
Secure and reliable, TETRA is a mature, feature-rich standard that is operational in over 125 countries worldwide.
2. You have a medium-sized network
Due to its exceptional security and resilience, TETRA is known as the technology of choice for large, mission critical communications networks. But it can also be a surprisingly cost-effective choice for smaller, business critical systems, providing crystal-clear audio and a wider feature set.
3. You don't want to be tied to one
As a truly open-standard, multi-vendor technology, TETRA offers choice, competitive pricing and the flexibility to 'mix and match' products from different suppliers - giving you the option to choose the products that best suit your needs.
4. You want quick and easy frequency licence
With pricing comparable to analogue/DMR licences, TETRA licence application is a swift, straightforward process.
5. You require exceptional audio quality - even off
TETRA provides stable, natural-sounding audio for an optimal user experience. Off-network, radios can use 'direct mode' to maintain communication. And in gateway mode, a single mobile radio connected to the network can act as a relay for other radios that are out of range.
6. You need voice and fast data
TETRA radios can process data applications while simultaneously receiving or sending voice calls, making better use of your spectrum and bringing productivity, safety and security capabilities to your fleet. Specially designed apps allow you to:
- combine a geographical information system, voice recording and radio dispatch in one integrated solution
- issue visual alerts: swiftly deliver images to TETRA radios and Java-enabled devices
- get an instant response to field enquiries through access to multiple databases
If you'd like to know more about TETRA and how it could work for your radio system, just complete the form on the right to request a callback.
Download the full brochure here.